Technical Chemist (2)
2 to 4 Years Experience
DIC Philippines Inc
Bo. Bagumbayan, Tanyag, Taguig, Metro Manila
DIC PHILIPPINES INC.
Is currently looking for:
- Product Improvement
- Performs R&D works to improve quality of existing product lines, to address and support market requirements.
- Undertakes R&D projects aimed to screen and quality cost-effective alternative raw materials.
- Analyzes and evaluates competitors' inks versus own product lines and use the data gathered to have advantage over competitors' products.
- Supports in the analysis of non-conforming products.
- Creates Quality Control cards with detailed product specifications and test methods, for use of QA Department.
- New Color Development
- Matches new color to conform with customers' requirements and issues batch tickets and prepares promotional samples for machine trial and approval.
- Issues technical data and certificates pertaining to product specifications, together with colors watches.
- Technical Information Compilation
- Collects, maintains, and keeps a library of technical data and MSDS of all existing product lines, product lines supplied by other DIC affiliates, and all raw materials in the formulations.
- Collect, maintains and keeps a library of all raw materials being used, including the raw material samples submitted by suppliers.
- Maintains accurate and thorough records of the following documents and ensures timely submission to Technical Manager: Monthly Technical Report, R&D Report, New Raw Material Report.
- BME entry of item key, item description and formulation for new raw materials, new product lines, including promotional sample inks.
- Shares in the responsibility of maintaining laboratory equipment in good working condition.
- Monitors laboratory and office supply levels and issue requisition as necessary.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to analyze color differences by visual and instrumental assessment thru color physics
- Ability to conduct analysis and check suitability of new raw materials to ink formulations in order to achieve good quality but cost-effective products.
- Ability to use BME software to accurately record formulations and identify and trace promotional samples submitted to clients.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree , Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam), Chemistry, Engineering (Chemical) or equivalent.
- Required language(s): English, Filipino
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Taguig City.
- Preferably 1-4 Yrs Experienced Employees specializing in Chemistry or equivalent.
- 2 Full-Time position(s) available.